Unit Coordinators have completed training for the 2014 Join Scouting Night (JSN). Check back soon for a schedule of JSN events in your area.
Love this latest bonus!! You’ve heard of the awesome things available for scouts selling popcorn like free NCAC Camp, Lenhok’sin treks, Trail’s End Scholarships, National Youth Leadership Training and the iPad/Pod giveaways……now here’s another, and it’s specifically geared toward online sales….please pass along this information to your scouts.
Sell Trail’s End online and earn BONUS REWARDS!
You can earn bonus rewards from the National Capital Area Council when you sell Trail’s End online! Make at least 5 online sales in a month and receive a $10 Scout Store Gift Card and a BONUS $25 Scout Store Gift Card if you have 5 sales in each of the 4 months!
How it works:
- $10 Scout Store Gift Card for having 5 online sales in the month of August
- $10 Scout Store Gift Card for having 5 online sales in the month of September
- $10 Scout Store Gift Card for having 5 online sales in the month of October
- $10 Scout Store Gift Card for having 5 online sales in the month of November
- $25 Scout Store Gift Card for having 5 online sales in each month of August, September, October, November
Scout Store Gift Cards are cumulative. If a Scout has 5 online sales in all 4 months, the Scout will receive a total of $65 in Scout Store Gift Cards.
*5 online sales refers to sales transactions, not individual items.
Each summer during the weekends while Goshen Scout Reservation is in operation, the Council provides bus transportation for units and provisional Scouts to the reservation’s six camps. The OA Lodge provides support for each of these weekends to help assure the success of this operation. Each chapter is responsible for providing Arrowmen on their assigned weekend(s).
For Northern Virginia, the location of the departure and arrivals of the buses is the Fairfax County Government Center parking lot. (12011 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, VA).
The George Mason Chapter has been assigned July 19 and July 20. We need about 10 Arrowmen each day from 8:30 am to 12:30. Uniform is Class B with OA sash. Come join us for this annual service commitment.
(Note: Units leaving for Goshen should NOT arrive at the Fairfax Government Center prior to 9 am.)
The deadline for placing your unit’s August popcorn order is this Friday, August 1, 2014. Distribution is Saturday, August 16 at the Robinson Terminal, Springfield, VA.
- Troops, crews, posts and packs with show-n-sells scheduled before September 20 (Sept. distribution) need to place an August order so that they have product to stock their popcorn booths and neighborhood blitzes. Excess inventory available at council between distributions may be limited in selection and quantity and is on a first-come, first-served basis only.
- Unit kernels and all popcorn points of contact – if you have not already done so, please go to www.ncacbsa.org/popcorn, take the brief survey, keying in your information and request a password to access the popcorn ordering system. You will not be able to place orders without having access to the system.
Visit www.ncacbsa.org/popcorn to view comprehensive information in the popcorn Leader’s Guide including a complete listing of order/distribution dates. Please also feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. Happy Sales!