For Scouts that are looking to get more information regarding the Life to Eagle Transition, please see the below document providing details about the Seminar.
Red Hot & Blue Restaurants in Virginia, Maryland and North Carolina are honoring the Boy Scouts of America from Saturday, February 7, 2015 through Friday, February 13, 2015.
Every Boy Scout in uniform will receive a free kid’s meal with the purchase of an adult entrée.
Dear Scouts and Scouters:
It’s February at Your Northern Virginia Scout Shop; here’s what’s happening
- The 2015 Boy Scouts Requirements book, the authoritative resource for the most current rank, merit badges, and special awards requirements, will be available for purchase at your Scout shop in February.
Along with a few changes to requirements, this year’s book features a number of minor clarifying adjustments to language and added footnotes
providing additional information. The approach to positions of responsibility for Lone Scouts has also been expanded to Star and Life Ranks.
There are minor updates to 16 merit badges, and more significant changes to Canoeing, Swimming, and Whitewater.
Two new merit badges are featured as well: Animation; and Signs, Signals, and Codes.
- Make Your Blue and Gold Banquet Memorable Time to Shine and the Recognition Special….!
From cupcake towers and tablecloths… to terrific ways to recognize excellence… your source for everything Blue & Gold is here at the Scout Shop
Yes, the Cub Scout event-of-the-year is a party after all, so we’ve got great-looking celebration coordinates that add the fun and the festive to your banquet hall. Make your planning and prep that much easier, you’ll also find a complete selection of recognition supplies at the store, including books, plaques, certificates, leader gifts, and more.
- Scout Sunday is February 8th and this is also BSA’s birthday this year. The Scout Shop has patches, pins, neckerchiefs, and program covers to help you make the day a memorable one.
- President’s Day Americana T-shirts Now $5.99 These great value tees are a fun and fitting tribute to both the USA and BSA. Limited selection of sizes; get yours while they last!
- The World Friendship Fund Campaign: During the period of February 1st – February 15th, the National Scout Shops will collect voluntary contributions of Scouts and leaders for the World Friendship Fund. Our goal is to collect a $1.00 from everyone who visits the scout shop during this two week period. The World Friendship Fund gives the youth members of the BSA an opportunity to help fellow Scouts who are in need of their support. It teaches Scouts that Scouting is global. The World Friendship Fund has provided Scouts from around the world with Scouting literature, uniforms, summer camp equipment, computers, and other Scouting-related supplies. Since the inception of the World Friendship Fund, Scouts and leaders, throughout the USA, have donated more than $1 million to the World Friendship Fund.
- The Springfield Scout Shop’s shopping center will begin on March 1st to have a new look.. Your Scout Shop Will Be Open during the shopping center’s construction. We will open normal hours. Please pardon our mess and thank you for your support during the shopping center’s remodel.
Northern Virginia Scout Shop Springfield, VA P703.321.4836; fax 703.321.4838 Hours M – F 9am -7pm; Sat 10am -5pm
Ravensworth Shopping Center
5232 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA 22151
***We are Tax Free Everyday, when you shop at the Springfield, VA scout shop***
John Ralbovsky | Store Manager
Contact Richard Drake of the George Mason District Ceremonies Team to participate. Richarddrake6@gmail.com or 703-310-9234.
This year we are going to offer large group Bridging Ceremonies for multiple Packs at once. Currently we have two dates available but could add a third (in late January) if there is interest. The group ceremonies will be at Vienna Presbyterian Church in the Fellowship Hall. Ceremonies will be held on February 12th and March 10th. Ceremonies will begin promptly at 7:00 PM.
• Offering large group ceremonies will help our team bridge as many Cub Scouts as possible with our small ceremonies team.
• Bridging scouts will be honored in a ceremony dedicated specifically to them including a program with all scouts listed.
Packs with 10 or more bridging scouts have the option of inviting the Ceremonies Team to their Pack’s event. We will do our best to accommodate these requests.
When you contact me, please include how many Webelos you have bridging and which date you are interested in. Please remember to coordinate with the new Troops so that they will have representatives to welcome the Webelos.