NCAC WILL LEAD THE COUNTRY IN POPCORN SALES!
ARE YOU GOING TO HELP US GET THERE?
Could your unit use some extra cash? Our Scouts sold $3.8 million in popcorn last year. Of that amount, more than 70% of the sale proceeds stayed local. In fact, a third of that amount went directly to the unit’s that sold to fund their programs and activities! Popcorn enables your unit to do the things you want without having to do lots of fund raisers. The idea is to have this one fund-raiser in the fall support the entire year of Scouting. This is an officially approved council unit money-earning project that many packs and troops participate in each year. Do your sale in the fall and reap the benefits for the rest of the year. Here is what the most successful units did when they sold their popcorn:
- Planned out the year ahead and set a unit budget.
- Set sales goals for the unit and the Scouts.
- Established Scout Accounts to help each Scout and his family with his Scouting expenses.
- Held a unit program kickoff to tell the Scouts and parents about the great year they have planned.
- Sold popcorn by various methods such as TAKE ORDER, SHOW AND SELL, SHOW AND DELIVER, ON-LINE, and SELLING AT WORK.
- Scouts continued until their goal was met (usually 3 or 4 afternoons or weekend days).
There are exciting prizes for all the Scouts who sell popcorn!
No need to attend a popcorn pick-up site – the fresh popcorn comes right to you!